Help Wanted: When Managing Your Home Requires a Full-Time Hire – WSJ Aug. 22, 2019
Imagine your house is a company—and you’re the CEO. Your business partner(spouse) complains of cost overruns. The warehouse (garage) roof leaks. A branch office (beach house) is closing for the season. And shareholders (the children) need pricey equipment (laptops) for the new fiscal year.
This is for you if you:
- Are not sure what you need, but you know you need something.
- Have staff, but things are not running smoothly.
- Have a big life and you don’t know where to begin.
- Have had a recent change of circumstances (inheritance, just got into the big leagues) and need help adjusting to your new normal.
- Need to downsize.
- Want your homes well-run with an eye toward asset conservation.
- Need better processes and protection. You’re not sure where you’re at with payroll, tax compliance, legal liabilities, insurance, etc.
- Had a lawsuit and/or want to avoid lawsuits.
- Are not sure if you’re too lenient or too strict, and you sometimes feel taken advantage of by your staff.
- Want to save money on payroll (but still be legal and fair) and need someone to review your staffing; scheduling, payroll and compensation.
- Want to keep a better eye on household expenses.
- Want happy employees and a happy home.
- Are willing to listen, learn and take expert advice – even when it is uncomfortable.
- Want to make sure your home is safe and your family is protected – no matter what.
This is not for you if you:
- Are unwilling to make changes.
- Are comfortable being a victim
- Think everything is someone else’s fault.
- Are often mean or vindictive.
- Have unrealistic expectations.
- Engage in illegal or unethical behavior.
- Are a whack-a-doodle (you know who you are.) We still may be able to help, but you have to be willing to let us.
“Most importantly, she has kept a keen and watchful eye on all my affairs, which has been invaluable to me.”